Home » Living in Title Town

Enjoying the parade with my friends Avery, Sophia, and Emma

Living in Title Town

Like many Emmanuel students, I had a great time celebrating our New England Patriots and their Superbowl LI victory last week. 

The game itself had me on the edge of my seat, and the energy around the city once we won was amazing. The most exciting part of the celebrations came on Tuesday, when the city of Boston threw a parade for the Patriots. All of the players, staff, and our 5 Lombardi trophies boarded the beloved Duck Boats and held a rolling rally through the city.

While my friends at suburban schools scrambled to make their plans for the parade, I was able to stroll down Boylston Street a few minutes before I wanted to be there. A little snow didn’t stop Patriots Nation from coming out in full force and having a great time. I know I’ll always remember the parade when I look back at college!

A shot I got of the one and only Tom Brady. Yes, I was that close to him!

If you’re a sports fan, there’s no place better than Boston. Living down the street from Fenway throughout college has meant lots of Red Sox games, especially with different student discounts the Sox offer. Emmanuel always sells discounted tickets to Bruins games, and I’ve been able to take advantage of that a few times. Celtics games also offer a really fun environment, and I’ll never forget making it up on the Jumbotron at the Garden with some EC friends last year! Even though the Pats play down in Foxboro, you can feel the energy around Boston every game day. Between the passionate fans and the continued success, professional sports are one of Boston’s best assets.

While those four teams have the most loyal and loud followings, you can find just about any sport in Boston—whether to spectate or play. The Boston Pride are one of the four founding teams of the National Women’s Hockey League, a new professional female hockey league. There’s plenty of excitement around collegiate sports throughout the city. Supporting our own Emmanuel Saints is always a great time. The nicest part of a DIII school is that you’re actually friends with the students you’re cheering on. If you’re a sports fan, there really is nowhere better than Boston!